Saturday, 9 February 2008

ENGLAND AND ITS FOOTBALL

Call me old fashioned but I still think the England manager should speak English. Infact, I think he should be English himself. But no, we get this Capello chappie from Italy. I don’t see how we can call the England team English.
But never mind. At least he seems to have some good ideas. In particular, he seems to be restoring a bit of discipline into the team. Mobiles and WAGs banned, for instance. What a good idea.
But most of all, I want him to instill something important in these arrogant, overpaid, over-worshipped young men. Your country is not privileged to have you play for it. Rather, it is YOU who should be privileged for being asked.

© Anthony North, February 2008

For light relief - FICTION PAGE

From twist in the tale to horror, from crime to science fiction, my Fiction Page has dozens of short short stories, each taking only a couple of minutes to read. Give it a try - and then come back for one a day.
... access here ...

No comments: