Monday, 11 February 2008

IN DEFENCE OF ARCHBISH

Having recently told off the Archbishop of Canterbury for his stupid statement on Sharia Law and total lack of understanding of basic democratic freedoms, I now find myself in the position of having to defend him.
Yes, I think he was wrong, but did he further racial hatred? Did he call for people to be strung up? No! What he did was use his right to free speech – which, whether we like it or not, includes things that can be wrong, or we simply do not like.
But no, now the Archbish is having to defend himself against calls for his resignation. Personally, I don’t think he does a very good job as Canterbury, but I’m not a practicing Christian. But if he is not up to the job, deal with him on that, not his right to free speech. Because if you do, then you are also in ignorance of the concept of freedom.

© Anthony North, February 2008

From my Diary - STUBBORN GENETICS

Researchers at the Max Planck Institute recently advised that they had identified the ‘stubborn’ gene. The UK media immediately jumped on the bandwagon, claiming this could be why the average Brit can be so bullheaded ...
... read more ...

No comments: