Saturday, 29 March 2008

IRAQ - I TOLD YOU SO

I’m so sick of saying this that I’ve decided to be childish and say, ‘I told you so.’ Indeed, on the day Baghdad was taken I said it would all end in civil war and the splitting of Iraq into three influences.
‘Oh no it won’t,’ said the wishful thinkers in the west, like some pathetic, surreal pantomime. Well, around Basra, Brit troops are in their fortified camp as the Iraqi army begin to bring law and order. And guess what?
The Shi-ites are fighting back, and the Iraqi army can’t control the situation. There is now talk of Brit troops leaving camp to sort it out. In other words, without western troops, the country has now shown I was right. There cannot be true law and order, just faction fighting until it all collapses.

© Anthony North, March 2008

Beyond the Blog - For Writers

4 comments:

Granny Smith said...

Take it from this Yank, you couldn't have said it better. It was insanity from the very start of the war.

anthonynorth said...

Hi Granny Smith,
Thanks for that. I'm ex-forces myself, and I have family in the forces. My support for the troops is absolute. But those damned politicians, US AND British!

Villager said...

Excellent judgement. Perhaps we can hook you u up with Barack Obama somehow...

peace, Villager

anthonynorth said...

Hi Villager,
Thanks for that. I live in hope that the madness may end soon.