Monday, 5 May 2008

APOLOGETIC BROWN?

The ‘esteemed leader’ of the UK, Gordon Brownski, has accepted blame for the trashing of Labour in the recent local elections. Well, wasn’t that good of him? No, not really. He’s still there.
I knew he would be. I knew he wouldn’t even think of resigning. I knew he wouldn’t because he has an absolute conviction that he is right. At the moment, he is simply misunderstood.
So get your act together, British public. Here is a man in charge of a democratic country who has never received the popular endorsement of his country, and he not only thinks, but absolutely knows, that he is right, and you are thick.
You normally get such attitudes in the leader of a banana republic.

(c) Anthony North, May 2008

Click Beyond the Blog (top sidebar) for my essays, fiction, poetry

6 comments:

the teach said...

Oh no, anthony, we have a leader who is just as bad and just as cavelier about the people... I'm from the US of A. :D

anthonynorth said...

Hi The Teach,
Well, I can't argue with you there. But at least, you know when he's going :-)

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

What the Teach said. It's just the same here. They just don't care. We the people just don't count. Have a great day. :)

anthonynorth said...

Hi Sandee,
The 'special relationship' across the pond survives intact, it seems.

Marilyn said...

Leaders in India are wondering if our president over here is crazy but we've known he is for years.

I haven't heard much about the politics over there. I guess I'll have to dig a little deeper for my news.

anthonynorth said...

Hi Marilyn,
I think, maybe, it is the other way round - our leaders could do to learn more about the rest of the world.