Friday, 2 May 2008

BABY POO

Looking after babies can be a full time affair. I know, I’m the father of seven children, mostly grown up now. And it was inevitable that, once disposable nappies came on the market, they’d catch on.
My wife never used them, relying on the terry nappies. And it seems they are now beginning to catch on once more. Increasingly, mothers are changing, as they realize they are better for the environment.
It will be interesting to watch the reaction of Big Biz. Soon they will be announcing that the carbon footprint of washing them is just as destructive for the planet. And once that fails, you can guarantee there’ll be a new revolution of disposable terry nappies.
Then they’ll congratulate themselves on being green. But really it’s brown.

(c) Anthony North, May 2008

Click Beyond the Blog (top sidebar) for my essays, fiction, poetry

9 comments:

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Exactly. You and I think quite alike on issues. Have a great day. :)

anthonynorth said...

Hi Sandee,
It seems that way. That is good :-)

Lilibeth said...

ha ha. Well at least the new disposable diapers are not made of that type of plastic that takes several hundred forevers to disintegrate back into the soil.

Julie said...

All the conglomerates constantly change their minds....what is good/what is bad. Who knows anymore? Trust you're own instincts and hope for the best perhaps?

anthonynorth said...

Hi Lilibeth,
True. But we've hardly begun to deal with the problem of such plastics. And I cannot see Big Biz really trying to sort it. It would cost too much.

Hi Julie,
Thanks for that.
I think Big Biz keeps changing their minds simply to keep up the spin that they're doing something about the environment, where in reality, they're not.

After Hours said...

Exactly. Soon the biz will say don't feed your kids as much to cut down on the poop. Or they'll try to bottle the poop and sell it back to us!

Annie said...

haha, good point. i must admit, for all the time i spend with kids, the art of the nappy change is far beyond me!

Jill said...

Hahaha... This is awesome. And an interesting point.
:)

Eaton Bennett said...

I couldn't find your Thursday Thirteen for this week, but this post looked really good. I guess I'm looking in the wrong spot huh?

I can so relate to this as we have seven children - almost all grown as well.

And when I think of the nappies, cloth as well as disposable I want to faint with exhaustion. Happy TT for the one I can't find. :)